Q. How can I get a book that WMU does not own? What is Interlibrary Loan?


If you find that there is a book or article that WMU does not have access to or own, you can request it through a service called Interlibrary Loan(ILL) which locates the book or article from another library and has it delivered either electronically or physically to WMU.  This is a free service for students, faculty, and staff of WMU.  Visit the ILL page from the library homepage.  Log in with your BroncoNet ID and password in order to submit a new request.  Books tend to take 5-10 days to be delivered.  Articles take about 48 hours.

If you have any questions on how to submit a new ILL request, please contact the Resource Sharing office at 269-387-5172. The Resource Sharing office is located on the 2nd floor of Waldo Library, room 2014.

  • Last Updated Dec 13, 2017
  • Views 85
  • Answered By Kate Langan

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Comments (2)

  1. Does this include ebooks as well?
    by Tom Moore on Jun 30, 2014.
  2. Hi Tom,

    You cannot typically request ebooks via interlibrary loan at this time due to legal copyright restrictions (though this is something we are working on). If there is a book that you want that is available as an ebook, in most cases a physical copy of the book is also available to order through interlibrary loan. If you prefer reading on an ereader you would be out of luck, but you would still have access to the content in an "old school" format.

    by Dianna Sachs on Jun 30, 2014.