How can I download the Searchpath online research tutorial?
The Searchpath online research tutorial is no longer available. It has been replaced by the ResearchPath online tutorial, available in GoWMU Elearning.
As of October 2012, the ResearchPath tutorial is not available for viewing or download by individuals not associated with WMU. We hope to have guest access available soon. For updated information about guest access to ResearchPath, please contact a librarian at Waldo Library's 1st floor reference dek: (269) 387-5178.
Following is detailed information about accessing and using ResearchPath:
1. Log in to Elearning at https://elearning.wmich.edu/
2. Look in the “WMU Libraries” box on the bottom-left of your home page.
3. Click the “Self Register for the ResearchPath Course” link.
4. Register for ResearchPath.
5. On your home page, look in the “My Courses” box in the middle of the page. Click the “ResearchPath – library-lower-search” link.
6. Use the navigation on the left of your screen to view the ResearchPath tutorial modules and quizzes. Note: It is important to view each page and complete each quiz in order! You will not be permitted to view a quiz until you have successfully completed the previous quiz (success = 75% correct).
7. When you have successfully completed all five quizzes, you will receive an email. It may take up to 24 hours for you to receive this email. Save the email as verification that you have successfully completed the ResearchPath tutorial. You may use the email verification as proof to any instructor who may require completion of the tutorial. Another copy of the email verification will not be available to you after the initial one is sent. Hang on to it!
1. Follow steps 1-6 for students in order to register for, and complete, the ResearchPath tutorial.
2. If assigning ResearchPath to your students, remind them to forward their email confirmation messages to you for verification.